Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

söndag 16 maj 2010

Anak Alam

Couple of days ago we packed the car to go to the area of Volcano Batur.
The area of Batur is just breathtaking! It has a surten magic with Lake Batur & Volcano Batur.Scenary from a fairy tale! Defiently a must if you ever planing to come to Bali!
One of the reason why we went to Belandingan was to visit the children of the project Anal Alam (Nature of the Children)
The project started by Putu Pande, who realized one day that the Joy was to Give and not Gain.
From there it has just gradually developed & more people got involved in the project.
The Anak Alam focus on educating & inspirering the children in the poor areas of Bali.
You can read more> http://www.anakalam.org/ (right now in Bahasa Indonesia but will be translated)
We reached Belandingan. Happy and excited children came jumping up from every corner of the village. After a walk in the village we gathered all the children in the hall and we started playing with them.
Pande turned to my Dad and said- We are going to do diffrent animal!What animal do you want to be?
I saw the fear in my dad´s eyes and he looke over to me and said:
- What am I doing?????
-I do not know, you doíng some kind of animal!
My dad is not famous for standing infront of people, so I honoustly did not think that my Dad would do any kind of animal..
Suddenly Pande shout at my dad and said
-OK!! You doing the Chicken dance !!!
My dad`s big confusing eyes turned to me and he said - How do I do the Chicken???
- I do know, you just move your arms and make some sounds, right?
Pande started by doing the monkey dance and the children bent their knees, scratched the armpits, did the monkey sounds and laughing so hard that I am sure someone were peeing their pants.
After that it was my Dad´s turn & Pande shouts to the children
-Ok children..lets do the Chicken-dance!

In my life I have never seen my 75 year old Dad jumping, flapping his arms and making the sound like a chicken. Out of the blue, Mr old man took of ! and he jumped around the hall with 25 excited kids after him.

After that the kids did all kinds of animals that was combined with movements and learning the animals names in english.













Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar